Jimin – the lead vocalist and main dancer of boy group BTS (Bangtan Boys) under Big Hit Entertainment.
He is born Park Jimin on October 13, 1995, in Busan, South Korea. His nicknames are Park Jiminnie and Dooly. He is also called ‘Ddochi’ in middle school since his classmates thought that he looks like a puppy.
He stands 5′ 7″ (175 cm) and weighs 60 kgs (132 lbs).
Since he was still in 8th grade, Jimin has started to dance popping. After watching Rain’s performances, he became interested in becoming a performer. He told his parents about it, and they approved it happily.
He studied in Busan High School of Arts in the modern dance department. His teacher has suggested him to audition for an entertainment company. He auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment with the song, “I Have a Lover” during Big Hit Entertainment’s “Hit It” auditions in Busan in 2011. It was his first ever audition, and he got accepted. He moved to Seoul after becoming a trainee at Big Hit Entertainment, and he also attended at Global Cyber University.
In 2013, Jimin made his debut as one of the members of BTS.
Fun Facts about Jimin:
- He is a big fan of BIGBANG’s Taeyang and wants to become like him.
- His favorite color is light blue.
- Jimin’s blood type is A.
- His favorite number is 3.
- He is known as one of the most talkative members of BTS.
- Jimin is insecure about his ‘chubby cheeks.’
- He practices a lot, to the point that he only sleeps 3 three hours a day.
- He trained for a year before debuting with BTS.
- In BTS’ dorm, he is in charge of cleaning the kitchen.
- Jimin knows a lot when it comes to skin care.
Plastic Surgery Controversy
Jimin’s face doesn’t seem too suspicious at first glance, but comparing his recent pics to pre-debut Jimin indicates that he may have had a nose job. The difference is not too glaring (unlike another member of BTS), but his nose does seem more petite.
I also suspect he may have had some work done on his eyes. He’s skipped double eyelid surgery, but his very wide-eyed look hints at possible corner cutting surgery, especially on the inner corners of his eyes.
Jimin is a really young guy so I hope he quits while he’s ahead, if you can even call it “ahead”. What do you guys think of the work he’s had done?
Before and after pics